HUB-WEB Products Support Plan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HUB-WEB Products Support Plan

HUB-WEB Products Support - Level 3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[OFSV3.31]Alias"[ALIASNAME]Unknown symbol table type

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2006-10-25

[OFSV3.31]Alias"[ALIASNAME]Unknown symbol table type Empty
PostSubject: [OFSV3.31]Alias"[ALIASNAME]Unknown symbol table type   [OFSV3.31]Alias"[ALIASNAME]Unknown symbol table type Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 1:55 am

Goals and Symptoms:

OFS Ver 3.31. Unity Pro 2.3. When using Unity Pro export files (.XVM) as symbolic file in OFS, results in Ofs message 'Alias "[ALIASNAME] Unknown symbol table type for [PATH TO XVM-FILE] '. I saw a resolution about exchanging 4 dll files and the customer tried to use the dll files from Planet but the error remains. When using OPC test client alias name is visible but non of the variable names, using hardware addresses like ALIAS!%MW10 is possible, both reading and writing. What todo?

Causes and Fixes:

It appears that your customer has uninstalled and installed again OFS V3.31 configuration tool on the same PC

There is a bug in that case and extention are no more known by OFS and it doesn t know which component he has to use to read the XVM file

Ok, this is to explain you what s happening, I m pretty sure you prefer how to solve it Wink

In order to fix this problem :
1 -Uninstall OFS Configuration tool
2 - Open registry and go to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Schneider Automation\OPCsrv
3- DELETE OPCSrv entry and all under entries under that one
4- Install OFS configuration tool and it should be fine

In order to make sure that file are known go to Symbols section in OFS config tool and you ll see all extention and file datatype in front of it
Right now for your customer I think this section is empty
Back to top Go down
http://schneider-electric.ephpbb.com

[OFSV3.31]Alias"[ALIASNAME]Unknown symbol table type
Page 1 of 1