HUB-WEB Products Support Plan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HUB-WEB Products Support Plan

HUB-WEB Products Support - Level 3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2006-10-25

[OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file Empty
PostSubject: [OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file   [OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 7:39 am

CASE 961400

Goals and symptoms:

1. All computers are apart of a domain and same IP subnet
2. Every computer has a local administrative account, with the same password.
a. These accounts are in the domain administrators group.
b. This account is used for dcom services.
3. There are two Windows 2003 severs that have OFS 3.31 OPC Factory Servers.
a. Modbus TCP/IP is the communications to the Modicon controllers.
4. The Unity Pro XL 2.31 is on a PC that has Windows XP.
5. They are using a Honeywell OPC Client to access our OPC Servers.
6. I have been using our OFS Client for testing.
What works.
1. XVM works, only if the XVM file is copied to the PC that has OFS. It will run as a NT service, with out any user having to log into the PC Server.
What does not work.
1. XVM located on the PC that has Unity Pro, with a mapped drive on each PC that has OFS. The OPC Factory Error is that it can not load the XVM file.
2. STU file does not work at all.

The goal of the customer is to use the STU file method. They have been told that the STU file contains more information. Since this is an test evaluation system, the bottom line is that both options need to no matter the differences. I have not been able to locate what data access difference there is between the XVM & STU is.
So, for case 948256. Why does the XVM file not load when remote.
Case 959122 , Why does the STU method not work at all.
Gregory sent a DCOM.zip file. I installed the program and ran it. It gives me a .dll file error. I forgot to jot down the file name.
Please contact me, this issue has been going own for about a month before I got involved. They would like to put this to a positive close and move on.

Causes and Fixes:

If I have understood your architecture, the Windows 2003 Servers aren t logging (with user login) when the OSF service is trying to access to remote computer through the mapped drive. You should look at the Windows features because I am not sure that a computer not logged with a profile can access through mapped drive. To validate this theory, you can carry out a test with the W2003 Servers are being logged (Administrator profiles) And also look at the messages on the eventviewer on the PC W2003. Maybe you will see some errors when the PC are trying to access to remote computer.
From UNITY V2.3, the delta between XVM and STU file is little bit. The only thing, you can t access with XVM file, is I/O derived data type (IODDT).
Furthermore, the setup and communication are better with XVM file.
For more information, see the following OFS MEA: http://planet.schneider-electric.com/C1256F0F00560F2A/all/C125713F005265E2C125717100422CB9/$File/ofs_v33_mea_eng.ppt#550,26,Reload database mechanisms
If you want to use STU file, you have to configure your computer and OFS alias as described into the following resolution:
http://planet.schneider-electric.com/C1256F0F00560FCF/all/547927289FD668ECC125721E004B8427?OpenDocument&L=EN&
Back to top Go down
http://schneider-electric.ephpbb.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file   [OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 7:40 am

Client Response

he figured out the reason why the STU file doesn't work, which is because Unity Pro has to be running locally. Even though he installed the Unity Pro Client s/w the STU file does not work unless Unity Pro is open.
Why doesn't it work even though the Client is installed??
What is the Unity Pro Client suppose to do?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file   [OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 7:40 am

Did you follow exactly the provided resolution?
Often the problem occurs because of the unity project path into alias configuration. In fact, you have to set the local path of unity project and not the remote path.
I modified the resolution to bring more informations about how to access a Unity Pro project in remote mode. (See the attached file)
Nevertheless, if the configuration is correct and the STU file does not still work unless Unity Pro is open. It will be a unity issue and not OFS issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file   [OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[OFSV3.31] Can't load the XVM and STU file
Page 1 of 1