HUB-WEB Products Support Plan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HUB-WEB Products Support Plan

HUB-WEB Products Support - Level 3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problems installing an update on Windows 2003 Server

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2006-10-25

Problems installing an update on Windows 2003 Server Empty
PostSubject: Problems installing an update on Windows 2003 Server   Problems installing an update on Windows 2003 Server Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 5:28 am

Goals and Symptoms:

Hi, We have a customer having problems installing an update sent to him V3.31, see Facts Changes for details: Regards, Lina

Operating system: Windows Server 2003, Small Business Edition Part: OFSCSPELU
1. When installing this version of OFS it fails, it is asking for a previously installed version.
This should not happen - From the emergency registration instructions:
c) Customers renews a subscription after expiration.

In this case he received an "Expired Subscription Package" including a Part Number with a Serial Number. Example OFSCSPEF. Registration needs to be done with the PN/SN of this product. Issue: Why does the Expired Subscription Package ask for a previously installed version if it comes with a Part number and serial number?

2. We then had the customer install 2.5, the upgrade to 3.31 was installed the following error occurred: Error: 0
We assumed this is because the 2.5 was not authorised. We then had the customer install a version 3.2 (TLXCDOFS30M) and had it authorised, when the upgrade was installed the same Error: 0 occurred. There seems to be a problem installing this version on windows server 2003. When I used the upgrade on my PC (Running XP SP 2) I had no problems.
Issue: This problem does not go away, is there a fix for it? Even when the downloaded upgrade (OFS 3.31 Large) is used from Pl@net we have the same problem. Seems to be a bug.

Causes and Fixes:

And a error message occurred (Transfer feature error: error 0).
The upgrading OFSV3.2 to V3.31 has a bug on Windows 2003 Server, I am going to create an OPR to fix this problem.

In order to unlock the customer, you have to try installing twice.
How to?
======
1. Install et authorize OFS V3.2,
2. Install OFSV3.31 => when the error message occurs, you click on Ok
3. launch a second time the OFSV3.31 setup => Now, the transfer feature works fine.
Back to top Go down
http://schneider-electric.ephpbb.com

Problems installing an update on Windows 2003 Server
Page 1 of 1