HUB-WEB Products Support Plan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HUB-WEB Products Support Plan

HUB-WEB Products Support - Level 3

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

XIP driver V1.8 allows one to configure multiple instances

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2006-10-25

XIP driver V1.8 allows one to configure multiple instances Empty
PostSubject: XIP driver V1.8 allows one to configure multiple instances   XIP driver V1.8 allows one to configure multiple instances Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 4:33 am

Goals and Symptoms:

XIP driver V1.8 does allow one to configure multiple instances of the driver and selecting from IP addresses configured to a common NIC. PL7-PRO will communicate to a PLC using any of the XIP instances. However, OFS won't. That is the next hurdle.

The diagnostic window of OFS insists that the Alias is MISSING. It says that it is trying to open a connection with Net_Acesss, but I don't see this application or service running. Is this my problem?

Causes and Fixes:

XIP driver V1.8 does allow one to configure multiple instances of the driver and selecting from IP addresses configured to a common NIC. However we have done a functional regression on the higher versions because of the clients which had met many communication problems. The R&D team had decided to stop this feature.

I guess that the client wishes to change just the computer configuration. But if he configures his architecture with XIPV1.8, he will meet surely some communication errors and won t be able to upgrade the new drivers.

For more informations about XIP configuration, see this document
Back to top Go down
http://schneider-electric.ephpbb.com

XIP driver V1.8 allows one to configure multiple instances
Page 1 of 1